28 August 2011

Friday 26/8

I woke up at 7:30 and surfed til 9:30 when Lloyd appeared.  We watched a couple of TED talks over a breakfast of steamed bun things with chocolate that Lloyd knocked up.  Particularly enjoyable was a talk where Richard Dawkins said some things that I already believed in; his confirmation felt good.

Then we took the subway and a taxi to Kam Sham country park where we did a 4k "hike" - I'm not sure anything so sure can be a hike in truth.  The attraction of this hike is that the area contains a couple of thousand monkeys and we found them as soon as we got there.  Well actually, we had to get a bus back to civilisation (a petrol station) when we realised that we had no water, but when we got the second bus back, we immediately found around 20 monkeys, sitting around doing their own thing.

This was very sweet.  I again regretted leaving my telephoto lens at home.  There were lots of baby monkeys being exceptionally cute and we chilled out and sat around with them for some time.

Also from the petrol station, I bought a pack of sausagey things.  I don't know why, I think I was won over by their exceptional cheapness.  It was a level of wrong I find hard to describe.  They were labelled garlic and chili sausage or something similar.  God forgive me.

Drink waiting for ferry looking out across the water, had a quick shower then met some of Lloyd's friends for drinks.  We went to a place with live music and an outside bar up a skyscraper where the employees kept coming over telling us not to jump off.

After an ill-judged fry up, we got back at 4am.

No comments: