24 October 2011

Thursday 01/09

I woke at hideous o'clock,  Some kind of number with a five in it,  I got a text from Lloyd just as I was leaving - have you checked in yet?  This threw me somewhat.  I don't know if he was playing games with my mind or whether the hourly was doing so with his.

I checked that I had all my stuff, about twenty times in total, shut the front door with a degree of sadness, and took the lift down to Hong Kong!  It was already very slightly warm.  It was the first time I saw the place quiet.  The walk was twenty minutes down what you might describe as a dual carriageway.  I know that word is well defined, but it was early, I told you, I'm not sure...

The walk seemed to take quite a while, I had little idea how far it was.  I walked through IFC2 (I think) and checked my bags in at Hong Kong station.  I then travelled light to the airport, too sleepy to read Tony Blair's autobiography.

The flight was exactly the same as the previous 40 odd hours of flying I'd done that fortnight.  Air New Zealand still hadn't put any new material on their in flight entertainment system but I got by!

At London, I was slightly less disgusted by our country than I normally am when returning home.  I treated myself to the quicker Heathrow Express ticket because I was keen to get back to Em.

No comments: