18 July 2010

Sunday 18th July

I woke up in Lloyd's bed.  I hope that's the last time I ever write that.

Lloyd had kindly given up his bed for the 2 weeks I was there.  Just to clear that up for historical purposes.  Thanks Lloyd.

I finished packing quickly and said goodbye to Marisa.  It was sad because we all had a lot of fun together (I think).  We then headed over to the Dim Sum place that we had been too on my first day in Shanghai (I think).  We ordered a very similar assortment of food, which was obviously a mistake because there were now two of us instead of three.  The food came, and soon we were very stuffed indeed.  The sort of stuffed where if you were faced with HAVING to eat anything else, the prospect would make you feel several kinds of wrong.

The food we ordered was very similar to what we had ordered the time before, as I said.  There was unfortunately one significant difference- the first time round, Lloyd didn't order any frog's ovary soup.  As the video on Youtube demonstrates amply well, it took a few moments for me to work up the courage to tackle this soup, but I honestly think that it was because I was so full.  The whole idea was very unappealing, but the ovary itself was actually surprisingly ok.  It was quite sweet, and if it wasn't for the unidentifiable tough bits that were in the same mouthful, it would not have been that bad.

We paid up and took the subway to the station where you can take the Maglev.

3 hr wait

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Excellent blog, good work. This may be the only way I actually remember what we did.